HHMI Medical Research Fellows Program
Apply Now for the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Medical Research Fellows Program
The Society of Interventional Radiology Foundation has launched a major new collaboration with Howard Hughes Medical Institute toward the future of the specialty with its announcement that it will fund one medical student conducting preclinical research in interventional radiology during 2012-2013 in the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) prestigious Medical Research Fellows Program. The Medical Research Fellows Program ("Med Fellows Program") supports a year of full-time biomedical research training for medical, dental, and veterinary students.
For Mentor Information, Click HERE.
- Conduct a year of research at any academic or nonprofit institution in the United States or abroad (if your mentor is affiliated with a U.S. institution).
- Select your basic, translational, or applied research project from a variety of research fields. Focus on research without the distraction of full-time coursework.
- Travel to the Washington, D.C., area twice during the year to share your research and network with other trainees and renowned biomedical investigators.
- Attend Medical Research Fellows regional events and other enrichment activities.
- Annual stipend of $28,000
- Research allowance of $5,500 for research-related travel and some research costs
- Fellow's allowance of $5,500 for health, dental, and vision insurance and some education-related costs
Application Deadline: Jan. 11, 2013
For application and eligibility requirements, please visit www.hhmi.org/medfellowships.